Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Comics Day

Blackest Night
BN: Tales of the Corps
Wednesday Comics
Young Liars (!)
Modern Masters: Chris Sprouse

Blackest Night kicks into high gear this week with two books. I've already resigned to not picking up any tie-in books that are not directly related to green Lantern, and wouldn't you know the first one is. Tales of the Corps sheds some light on some of the newly introduced spectrum lanterns, including the mysterious Indigo Tribe.

The Blackest Night book itself is chocked to the gils, and I'm not sure what to make of it just yet. What worries me is writer Geoff Jones appears to be in full-on "Crisis" mode, eschewing what could be a fascinating take on the living dead for typical Crisis-like DCU gratuity. What excites me is the amazing art being done by Ivan Reis who is clearly pulling out all the stops for this series.


Oh, and I got a nifty promotional Black Lantern ring! The sharp-eyed may be wondering if my ring looks a little cooler than theirs. Indeed, just take a fine-tip sharpie and life hack that bad boy.

Post a Comment