Wednesday, April 08, 2009

New Comics Day

Green Lantern
Young Liars

Both Green Lantern and Young Liars are increasingly becoming the only reason I hit the comics shop. But I am still picking up trades, and am waiting for some more as well. There are some interesting books on the horizon, and I am curious as to DC's Weekly Comics if only for the novelty of the oversize format.

A hard decision to make will be to pick up single issues of books I'm looking forward to but know will be collected. Of the top of my head I think of JH Williams III's impending Batwoman arc, and Amanda Conner's Power Girl series. But sometimes you just want to bring something home, so maybe that holds in their favor

I'll likely ride out Green Lantern's Blackest Night storyline-- to which I have no interest in outlying DCU crossovers-- tho by that time may have to re-evaluate my weekly buying habits. It's not like I don't enjoy the comics shop, but if my buying habits have changed to the point where I can pick up a slew of books bi-weekly or even once a month, so be it.

Post a Comment