Friday, June 27, 2008

A night at the Double Down


It was actually last weekend that I made my way thru another Vegas bacchanal, and I'm just now getting to reporting on events. Friday night seemed like a perfect time to hit the doghouse staple, the Double Down.


There was a full slate of bands playing and a decent crowd, and I got to hook up with some old friends and have a few beers alongside the rockin'.



Above is my buddy Pete and the lovely Cassie. Pete's own band was not playing that night, seemed I just missed the timing of my trip for his next gig which is this weekend.


The highlight of the night was the performance by Dead Birds and Blind Kids, who tore it up real nice-like. Their set included the punk infused "Grandma's a Fucking Racist," Patrick Duffy," "Bill O'Reilly/It's Clobberin' Time," and the toe tapper "In Spite of All the Good Princess Leia's Done for the Rebel Alliance, She Still Made Out with Her Brother and That Makes Her an Incestuous Whore in My Book."

Good times, good times.

Post a Comment