Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dave Stevens

A crushing blow to the artistic community, word has been made that one of the all time greats, Dave Stevens, has passed.

I don't have much to say about this except that his pin-up art was a long time inspiration for me and this news is very sad. I've met him a couple times at conventions, a nice guy who was incredibly talented and welcomed talking about his work.

The Beat notes his passing and links to Mark Evanier who has a kind write-up. There will be many more to come as this truly great artist is remembered.

The cover from Sheena below is one of my all time favorite pieces. And yeah, Sheena is right hot and perfectly rendered, but what always got me was how amazing the tree and parrot were. That guy could draw. Do yourself a favor and check out some his fantastic paintings:

Dave Stevens Website

Post a Comment