Monday, September 17, 2007

The Big Drive : AZ to NM


I went through most all of New Mexico at night, trying to reach Las Cruses or maybe even El Paso. I did stop at one rest stop that was a nice one with a park and well lit for night in the middle of the desert-- but it was completely empty and kind of spooky in a "I Am Legend" sort of way. I made a mental note to come back one day and make a short film with zombies or something. Then my fear of actual zombies got me in the car and back on the road.

The long-ass first day and night finally got me to call it a night in Las Cruses, but at least I made my halfway mark. The next morning I had a chance to check the place out in the daytime and stumbled onto this little gem:



How fucking awesome is that sign???!!!

From Las Crusas it was a short hop to the Texas border and through El Paso. Would I make it home that very night?

Post a Comment