Monday, August 13, 2007

WIERINGO


I am shocked and saddened to learn of the death of one of my favorite artists, Mike Wieringo. His work alone was enough for me to pick up a book, be it on Fantastic Four or Tellos or guest stints here and there. If it can be considered fortunate, Wieringo worked almost constantly, so he's left a wonderful library of art to be remembered by.

I've thought much about this particular loss. There is a large disconnect between people like myself who admired Wieringo so much as an artist, and his family who is dealing with the loss of a son, brother, and more. But in my lofty thoughts of the affect artists have on society, I truly believe a talent like Mike Wieringo's has earned him some level of immortality. A small consolation, but one I hope makes it a little easier.

Post a Comment