Monday, June 25, 2007

De-augmentation

As noted in the ever-entertaining Lying in the Gutters, It seems the printed issue of Justice League of America #10 had some adjustments made. Compared to the originally solicited art (black bkg) it's obvious.

Digital correction or no, it doesn't make Michael Tuner's art any less atrocious. There was a time Turner could provoide a likable and sexy alternative to say, J. Scott Campbell, but somewhere between Witchblade and Fathom it mutated into an almost Liefeld-esque monstrosity of wincing nature. Good god man, why does he keep getting cover jobs? Where in the equation does a Michael Turner cover translate into increased sales? As a matter of fact I specifically do not buy comics with Turner covers, I refuse to support it. I don't like it, I don't like that I find myself so put off by a single persons work that am vocal about deriding it. I also know (as do many) Turner has dealt with tremendous ordeals in his life and at the end of it all this is his livelyhood. But something happened to the art. I shudder from trying to understand.

Post a Comment