Wednesday, May 02, 2007

New Comics Day

Making the best of the situation before I finally go insane...

52
Showcase: War That Time Forgot
Green Lantern
Shazam: MSOE
Midnighter
Danger Girl
Strangers in Paradise

It was impossible to pass up the latest DC Showcase: The War That Time Forgot. Packed with 60's era tales of armed forces battling against all manner of dinos, beasties, and sea creatures. Oh, man is it awesome.

52 comes to a close! Overall the series was alot better than I thought it would be, as it indeed kept my attention for its entire run. The most interesting thing to come of it all (to me) was the designation of "Earth 50" to the WildStorm universe.

The pen-pen-ultimate issue of Strangers in Paradise... It has been an incredibly long and fruitful run and the reality is sinking in that it will soon be over. God bless the next creator who tackles such a storytelling endeavor, I will keep out an eager eye. Can such a replacement even be found? Please don't say we'll never find a way, and tell me all my love is in vain.

Post a Comment