Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm staying out

I first saw the MJ statuette on a random blog run, and yes, some chicks were a bit upset. My first impression of the image was an "oh man what have we done now" vibe. But you know, it's an Adam Hughes design, I can't not like it on some level.

Then the comics blogosphere, like, exploded. I thought about getting into the fray, then decided against it for a few reasons. The main reason is that I would be a complete and total hypocrite. The other reason(s) is that I have a natural ability to make women angry whether I intend to or not. Usually, but not limited to, by referring to them as "chicks" or the like. It's troublesome.

So my opinions on MJ I'll keep to myself. It comes down to that recent episode of South Park, "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson." Near the end, Stan admits to Token that he "gets it" because he'll never get it. Guys, make all the arguments you want, you'll never get it.

Instead I offer some links on the subject which I found to be fascinating reading.

Devildoll's LiveJournal
Girls Read Comics and They're Pissed
The Beat, pt 1
When Fangirls Attack

Post a Comment