Wednesday, April 04, 2007

New Comics Day

I've torn myself away from Puzzle Quest long enough to buy me some comics.

52
Iron Man: Hypervelocity
Midnighter
Danger Girl: Body Shots
Madman
Empowered

What a great week of books! Psyched as I am that a new Madman has arrived, it's all about getting my grubby hands on a copy of Adam Warren's Empowered. A precursory glance shows this book to be ten kinds of awesome. As a visual bonus, it's chock full of kinky superhero bondage and risque scenes cable usually refers to as "adult situations." But knowing Warren as a storyteller, there's a wonderful ability of his to play to that "fan service" while hitting us with some hard-core-albeit-gratuitous pop commentary, all the while hinting that he's in on the joke as well. Warren, you glorious bastard, you.

Post a Comment