Wednesday, November 29, 2006

New Comics Day

A very Green week.

52
Batman/Spirit
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Guy Gardner
Next Wave

I don't know why DC decides to ship Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Guy Gardner, and even Ion in the same week. But then this entire year has been a string of odd, questionable, and downright awful decisions from DC. They want me to think they know what they are doing, but my incredible ego and love for all things comics can only tell me they don't. Too soothe my inner seething they have offered a prestige format issue of "Guy Gardner: Collateral Damage" packed cover to cover with Howard Chaykin inky goodness.

For the record, I don't need Batman to crossover with The Spirit just to introduce me to the new Spirit series to follow. It's such a tawdry ploy that leaves a little catch in the back of my throat. Darwyn Cooke provides all the neccessary draw to the book, tho I would have preferred they just went straight to The Spirit #1 and give readers some goddamned credit.

EDIT: WTF? Despite what DC's promotional page for the book solicits as the cover, the actual printed image on the cover shows Batman on the left and The Spirit on the right. What's the story behind that one? Which is the "real" image? Hit the link to get a multi-page PDF preview, too.

Post a Comment