Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Comment Challenge!!

Aside from the prospect of "really big food," I'll be using the holiday weekend to relax and catch up on some sleep, some drawing, and some reading. Sure I read comics as they stack up, but they by far don't hold a monopoly on my literary consumption.


Currently I'm about 2/3 thru Altered Carbon, by Richard K. Morgan. I generally loathe modern sci-fi (modern=anything written after 1985), but this is holding up allright. It's a uber-future detective novel chock full of violence and politics, body sleeves and neural conditioning. Wild stuff. The exposition is pretty good, with occasional gems like

I saw one leg turned to pulp below the knee, and then the body hits, bloody fistfulls of tissue torn out of her pale flanks as she fell through the curtain of fire.


So, what is everyone reading????

Share!

Post a Comment