Wednesday, July 20, 2005

New Comics Day

Defenders (Maguire!)
Astonishing X-Men
Kitty Pryde (Paul Smith!)
Day of Vengeance
JSA Classified
Red Sonja
Authority: Revolution
The Ultimates

It's sure nice to have the Superbuddies hanging around, re: Defenders. I'm a faithful fan of the Giffen/DeMatteis formula but damn if I don't like 22 pages of Kevin Maguire.

I have no idea what Kitty Pryde is going to be but damn if I don't like 22 pages of Paul Smith.

And then there's Hitchy goodness in Ultimates and that bastard Cassaday in Astonishing.

It's hard not to be a sucker for Power Girl, the subject of JSA Classified's inauguration. Especially if you opted for the Adam Hughes cover. It was a tough choice-- the alternate was by the interior artist, Amanda Conner, whom I've admired for quite some time. Way back in the day she drew Barbie for Marvel, and I took alot of my early artistic cues from her semi-unintentionally sexy anatomy and cute-as-a-button faces. So 22 pages of Amanda Conner and this week is shaping up all right.

Post a Comment