Monday, April 18, 2005

Velvet Revolver



Saturday night I found myself at The Pond in Anaheim catching Velvet Revolver in concert.

It was a good show, with a mixed crowd of all ages. From teeny-bop rockerbees to folks -ahem- my age, and older. Were they there to see Scott Weiland? Probably. Were they there to see Slash? Sure. I gotta say, for most of my generation, Slash is pretty much the poster boy for rock and roll-- it was pretty cool to see him rockin' out with the rest of them. VR does not have alot of original material, so sections of the show were peppered with covers of Stone Temple Pilots and Guns-n-Roses, in retrospect that was a nice treat. One of the encores ended with "I Used to Love Her (But I Had to Kill Her)," a song I was certain I'd never have the opportunity to hear live. Guess again.

Post a Comment