Thursday, April 28, 2005

New Comics Day

Pretty light this week... I didn't even get to snag that Day of Vengeance book everyone is yapping about.

Wonder Woman
Star Wars Empire
New Avengers
The Authority: Revolution
Solo: Howard Chaykin
City of Tomorrow
Red Sonja

Two Chaykin treats this week. Solo has yet to disappoint, but it will be hard to top last issue's showcase of Paul Pope (every book this year is going to have a hard time topping that one!). Chaykin's last bit on Challengers of the Unknown didn't really do it for me, but I'll give City of Tomorrow and issue or two and hope it catches my interest.

Wonder Woman arcs are a coin toss, but Rags Morales starts on art this issue and that's kind of hard to pass up. I've been a Rags fan since his debut on Hourman, which I just remembered was quite some years ago now. Hourman was a freakin' great book, I was talking about good sci-fi last week, and especially back then there was no other book like Hourman on the shelf. If you like your mind warped by grand time-travel conundrums in meticulously fashioned detail, series writer Tom Peyer delivers. And all expertly rendered by Morales every step of the way, dig that puppy up if you can!

Post a Comment